Art By Committee - Gurney Journey


If you haven't visited James Gurney's blog, you should. He has lots of amazing and inspiring stuff on there. For someone with out much formal painting training it's a wonderful resource. I keep a link to it in my inspiration folder also know on bad days as the why-do-I-bother folder.

This is a piece that I did for "Art by Committee" but thought I'd post it here too. It's definitely inspired by my son. Visit Gurney Journey for the specifics of the challenge.

Comments

Lisa M Griffin said…
Love this illustration, the lighting and perspective is so great... and thanks for the tip on Gurney Journey: Art by Committee.
Ginger*:) said…
Thanks for the link and the challenge to particpate, Jenn. I love your illustration. I have had a group of these blue robed creatures in my house as well. Funny thing..they seem to grow older and older but they are still able to create the same pose for hours on end.
This style of yours is one of my favorites!
Tracy said…
This is absolutely wonderful! Love the shadow that he's casting off behind him. Those jammies are to die for with all those space symbols on them...Love everything about this especially their expressions.

Popular Posts