Drawing from Life - Day 1


I've made promises to myself for doing things daily in the past, exercising, drawing, picking up the house, and they never stick. Well eight weeks ago, I pledged that I would exercise every weekday morning for a lousy 20 mintues. 20 minutes isn't much so I figured maybe, just maybe I would stick to it. Twenty minutes is better than nothing, right? And voila, it seems like 20 minutes is my magic number. I've stuck to it for 8 weeks. SOOOOO, now I'm going to try drawing/painting from life everyday for 20 minutes. My goal is to stick with it for at least 7 weeks (35 days). Here's my entry for day one. I did spend more than 20 minutes today. Party because I was playing with ArtRage. This was done in Photoshop and ArtRage.

Comments

Russ Cox said…
Very cool little sketch. Now I feel inspired to do a sketch a day.
Sammy Squirrel said…
Love it! What a great idea, this is why I have set myself the challenge of my animal alphabet to do each week on my blog, but this first illustration of yours is great, in fact all illustrators need a poster of this image on their wall, a cuppa and a reminder to 'Get on and Do it!!" Hee hee, Good luck with it!

Popular Posts