Keene Owl Project

I'm happy to be participating in the Keene college owl project. In conjunction with Keene's children's literature festival the college is asking children's illustrators to donate an illustration of an owl (the school's mascot) to their wonderful collection of original children's book art. And since Keene not too far from where I live and my old high school mascot was also an owl I was happy to contribute.

I started out with an owl on a branch.



I thought it turned out all right, but I figured Keene had plenty of owls sitting on tree branches. So I tried to think of something that might be a little more unusual. Something you don't usually see owls doing. Like, I don't know, shopping for moth-mallows at the local Owl-Mart.

Comments

Paula Pertile said…
This is hilarious Jenn! I love the mice in the meat counter in their little styrofoam packages. And garter snakes! Brilliant.
Ginger*:) said…
Your owls are wonderful! I hope to get to see them in person along with all the others at this years Children's Lit. Festival at Keene State College in Oct.
Unknown said…
Jenn, they are both great, but the second one is really wonderful, and it is great to see how you pushed the idea further!
yes both are great, but of course I love the second one the best- I like the meat section with the mice. HA!
Unknown said…
WOnderful serie of illos!! Great owl character!
Fossfor said…
these are great,I love the owl in the supermarket!
PaMdora said…
I love your owl in the supermarket. I've been stewing over an idea I've had for a year for a quilt called the Super Dilemma Market, but haven't figured out the right approach. I won't copy anything you've done of course, but your illo gives me fresh perspective on the concept. Thanks, and I'll be reading your demos in the future, they look great!

Popular Posts