The Day The Music Died


For Christmas this year I only asked for one thing - an MP3 player. So Santa pulled through and brought me a shiny new MP3 player. YAY! I sat down one Saturday not long after Christmas with my new MP3 player, one of my favorite CD's and the user's manual. It took four hours of downloading windows updates, bios updates for the player and a even an updated user's manual before I got it working. At one point I very seriously contemplated taking the evil contraption back to the store.

But by dinner time the CD was on the MP3 player and all was right with the world. By the next day I was really loving my new little buddy. I figured out how to purchase songs on the internet and was having fun searching for new songs. I was dragging my player around everywhere and really enjoying it. Last week I went back to the gym after a long hiatus and of course brought my tunes along.

But there was one very important thing they didn't mention in the manual...

Thoroughly check the pockets of your clothes before washing.

Now I've heard stories of cell phones living through the permanent press cycle. I thought maybe if I just let it dry out thoroughly before turning it on it might survive. Maybe. I can hope, can't I?

But alas, after 4 days of drying and waiting. I finally tried the power button...

...sigh, apparently that washing machine thing only works with cell phones. Good-bye little buddy.

Comments

Unknown said…
This is so sad!

To bad we can't have insurance on MP3 players like we can cell phones for accidents just like this one....
J. E. Morris said…
Wouldn't that be nice! My husband thought that maybe he should buy me a bunch of really cheap ones. That way he can just dole one out every time I do something stupid.
aw Jenn. Sorry to hear that!

I have a friend who accidently gave her Treo a "bath", but luckily she had insurance on it, but all the contacts were lost. Its a bummer....
Ginger*:) said…
Oh how sad. Now, what song will you play at the funeral?

Popular Posts