Wow! My new desk has arrived!

My hubby is an amazingly talented person. For the past several months he has been working away in the evenings to build me an awesome new desk. But first let me show you the before pictures...



Above is my old desk. The desk worked fine for many years. I had a custom build tray for my Wacom tablet and everything fit great. But then I got my Cintiq and there just wasn't enough room. I ended up removing the Wacom tray and the drawers from the left side of the desk so I had more leg room. It just wasn't cutting it anymore. I was resorting to putting papers on the floor or where ever I could find a spot. On the adjacent wall I had another desk thingy that held the printer and scanner. There was no room from the all-in-one so that ended up on the floor.



In case anyone is in need of two big sturdy desks I'll be putting them up on Ebay this week. The drawers and the Wacom tray are included if you want it.

But now... Drum roll please...



Tada! I've got acres of desk space! No more using the floor for papers. There is a bookcase underneath for added storage and also to give some support to the top. He also made cabinets to get the all-in-one off the floor and the scanner off the desktop. Everything has it's own pullout drawer now. And on the end he made me a special cabinet for storing paper. I love the new light maple color, it really brightens up the room. I can't wait to put it to work.

Comments

That's fabulous!! What a talented and sweet husband to make this for you. I bet you're loving being in your studio now. :-)
Susan Mitchell said…
Wow! This is wonderful. Your hubby deserves a big gold star for this :)

And Happy New Year!
Ginger*:) said…
WHAAAHOOOO! You have a wonderful husband, and brand new desk...and is that a CINTIQ I see sitting there ? You are one deserving artist, and I know you will be delighted with your new working space.

I agree with Sweet Pea... A GOLD STAR for sure.

All the very best for success in this new year!
Anonymous said…
Wow! Jenn, you lucky girl, you! I love your new space, desk, etc. Your hubby is a prince!
Gorgeous Jenn! :) e
Paula Pertile said…
I'm so jealous.

Popular Posts