Little Mommy


I received my new copy of Little Mommy by Sharon Kane in the mail yesterday. This was one of my favorite books as a child and it's been out of print for 40 years. (UGH! I'm dating myself.) I was really happy to see it back in print, as original copies were going for $100 on Ebay. UGH! I wish I still had my old copy!

It's a shame they didn't bring it back a few years earlier so I could have shared it with my daughter when she was little. But I went ahead and ordered a copy for my bookshelf. (One of the good things about being a children's book illustrator is that it gives me an excuse to buy picture books.) Little Mommy is a very quiet little book that goes through the little girl's day playing mommy. The illustrations are beautifully drawn but I think it was the orderliness of the little girl's world that appealed to me most as a child. The book follows the little girl's day as she does her household chores and tidies up after her dollies. Her play-mommy life is organized in a safe, cozy sort of way with a place for everything and everything in it's place. Just like real motherhood...

NOT!!!

Comments

Ginger*:) said…
Just looking at the cover makes me smile. How wonderful that you could find this childhood favorite.

Popular Posts