Highlights High Five Pewter Plate Award




I remember Highlights Magazine from when I was a kid. So I was absolutely thrilled when I was contacted last year to illustrate for Highlights High Five Magazine. But then this past week, I received a package in the mail that I had won a Highlights High Five Pewter Plate award for best bonus page illustration! Not only that, I actually got the pewter plate! How cool is that?! I have won prizes before and have gotten paper certificates, t-shirts etc. But I think this is the first trophy sort of a thing I've every received in my entire life. It's got my name engraved on it and everything. I quickly hung it on the wall. I was afraid someone might use it for their peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Thank you so much High Five!! Above are some pages from the winning project. It was a tear out page that could be cut and stapled together make a mini book entitled "My First Backpack"

Comments

Stefani said…
Looks to be a well deserved honor. Your illustrations are always so beautiful!
J. E. Morris said…
Thank you so much.
jeepdreams said…
Jen, you do amazing work. I can't believe I know you! (Seriously, you are truly the only person I know that can do work this good. WOW!)
Anonymous said…
Yay Jenn! You are on a roll this week! Wahoo for you!!!!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts