Alfie in Watercolors


Most of my final artwork is done in Photoshop but I do own some brushes and paints and have been know to use them on occasion. Recently a teacher wrote to me and said she had purchased 100 copies of "May I Please Have a Cookie?" to give to her students. In her email she had asked if I could send her something to hang on her classroom wall. It didn't seem right to give her a print out of a Photoshop file so instead I did a watercolor painting of Alfie. I hope she and her students like it. And for anyone else out there that buys 100 copies of one of my books, I will be happy to paint one for you too. :)

Comments

LOL--the cooky inspektor image has always been one of my favorites in your book. Now that you've painted him in watercolor, which rendition do you like better?
J. E. Morris said…
Hmm, I don't know. I really like working in watercolors. But I don't know if I could do a whole book that way. At least not until someone invents an undo button for watercolors.
It's lovely Jennifer! I'm sure those kids will be so happy to receive it :o)
Annie said…
HI Jen,

Your drawings are wonderful~perfect for kids of all ages. All the little grandkids have one of your cookie books. I had no idea you had anything else out there. Will be shopping on Amazon this morning.
Ginger*:) said…
You are the sweetest! That was a lovely thing to do and the painting is gorgeous. Alfie will be well represented!

....> still looking for the undo button in my watercolor tubes......
wendynoelle said…
I love your work! I'm currently working on a final project (researching an Adobe Illustrator Artist) for an Adobe Illustrator class, and ran across your work in a Google search. Your work is adorable, and really similar to what I aspire to do in the future! If you have any tips or tidbits on what got you started that you'd share with me, please email me at Wendy Henderson... Thanks for the inspiration--hope your ratings go sky-high!
sudipta pal said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts