Illustration Friday - Neighbor


The house next door was abandoned, or so I thought. The windows were boarded up and the gardens in ruin, and I had never seen a living soul on the property. Until one gray Sunday afternoon, I saw a boy on the front lawn. He wore strange, old-fashioned clothes and had a melancholy expression. He stood there watching me through the kitchen the window for a long moment, then he turned and went around the corner of the house. I never saw him again, but later that summer when I was gardening, I found a old and badly weathered toy horse near the fence. Maybe I have a neighbor after all.

Comments

Kerstin Klein said…
nice... would love to hear more.
Anonymous said…
I agree!! This wou;d make a cool story!
zabumba said…
cool and spooky!
Kstyles said…
Very cute!!!
° said…
nice story and pencil work
mike r baker said…
I'd love to see this painted. It's wonderful.
Anonymous said…
tasty sketch....I agree with mike, I'd love to see this developed further.
arvindh said…
This is a cute illo!
Kay Aker said…
I knew a kid like that. Great picture!
Anonymous said…
this is absolutely lovely! and the story is intriguing, too..

Popular Posts