Illustration Friday - Flawed



I'm guessing this guy may have some character flaws.

I went to see a band called Five O'clock Shadow this weekend. I guess the name of the band was my inspiration for this unshaven character. BTW I think the band is great. They are an all-vocal band but until I saw them live I didn't believe they didn't use instruments - it's really amazing. And I'm not just saying this because they sang happy birthday to me - thanks guys that was fun but really embarrassing!

Note: If you are interested in creating a halftone dotty pattern in Photoshop like I did in the background above, view the accompanying entry that explains the process.

Comments

great illustration, but not every guy with facial hair has character flaws... oh, wait, yes we do, nevermind, still a great illo!
J. E. Morris said…
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with facial hair. :)
Great piece...

It depends how the man wears his facial hair.
Ginger*:) said…
Thanks for the tutorial.... memories of Roy Lichtenstein are very sweet for me..he was my drawing teacher in college. What a wonderful, sweet, and energetic person he was. I will always remember his kindness to those of us who entered his classroom.
Kristi Valiant said…
Thanks for posting your process. I love the fluid wisps of smoke vs the rigid dots of the background. The five o'clock shadow was nicely done too.
lucrezia said…
Ha! I've drawn a guy with a five o'clock shadow as well - not that there's a correlation or anything ;) I like his air of mystery!

Popular Posts