Sunday, February 01, 2009

Illustration Friday - Flawed



I'm guessing this guy may have some character flaws.

I went to see a band called Five O'clock Shadow this weekend. I guess the name of the band was my inspiration for this unshaven character. BTW I think the band is great. They are an all-vocal band but until I saw them live I didn't believe they didn't use instruments - it's really amazing. And I'm not just saying this because they sang happy birthday to me - thanks guys that was fun but really embarrassing!

Note: If you are interested in creating a halftone dotty pattern in Photoshop like I did in the background above, view the accompanying entry that explains the process.

7 comments:

joseph's art and stuff said...

great illustration, but not every guy with facial hair has character flaws... oh, wait, yes we do, nevermind, still a great illo!

J. E. Morris said...

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with facial hair. :)

Michael said...

Great piece...

It depends how the man wears his facial hair.

Ginger*:)* said...

Thanks for the tutorial.... memories of Roy Lichtenstein are very sweet for me..he was my drawing teacher in college. What a wonderful, sweet, and energetic person he was. I will always remember his kindness to those of us who entered his classroom.

Kristi Valiant said...

Thanks for posting your process. I love the fluid wisps of smoke vs the rigid dots of the background. The five o'clock shadow was nicely done too.

lucrezia said...

Ha! I've drawn a guy with a five o'clock shadow as well - not that there's a correlation or anything ;) I like his air of mystery!

可可 said...

抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,情趣用品,情趣,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖